Bible League International
Search for Vice President-Development
Reporting to the President of BLI, the Vice President-Development will provide leadership and oversight to all Development functions, focusing on strategic direction for planning, organizing, and implementing the fund raising strategies and efforts of Bible League International. These responsibilities will include providing direct supervision to Senior Director of Development Services, Senior Director of Direct Partner Relations, and the Senior Administrative Assistant. In addition, the Vice President will provide direction to the Regional Field Directors, while developing relationships to promote unity in purpose with Partner Relations Associates, High Wealth Donors, and Foundations, and other potential ministry partners. To strengthen effectiveness of the Development program, the Vice President will work closely with the Director of Communications to insure continuity of messaging and branding in collateral and other materials and resources. In addition, The new Vice President will also provide leadership and support in other areas to include Research and Estate Planning, Marketing, Public Relations, Project Analysis, Direct Mail, Radio, Special Events, Telemarketing, and other related promotional programs and promotion efforts as well as all constituency enhancement activities.
Role and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the development and implementation of Bible League International’s funding efforts through the Direct Partner Relations and Development Services team.
2. Provide leadership in setting realistic annual and future goals for the Development team; to implement and manage plans to meet those goals; to be accountable for the results.
3. To create all elements of a Development strategic plan for promotion of fundraising and ensure timely, appropriate implementation of plans, and provide for periodic review.
4. To participate in the Executive Management Team and leadership of Bible League International as a whole.
5. To oversee and promote a consistent program of constituency development through Direct Partner Relations, Communications and Marketing areas.
6. Review and manage analyses and recommendations for improvements and modifications of current fundraising programs and plans.
7. To ensure that the Development team is provided with adequate information to do their
job and that each fundraising component both receives and provides high-quality support (tools, staff, training, etc.) to ensure fundraising efforts.
8. Ensure appropriate reportage from, and to, the various components of fundraising to measure departmental and organizational performance.
9. To oversee the hiring of the new Development staff as necessary and to manage organizational design of the team.
10. To call on selected major donors and prospects personally and see to it that all staff is involved as needed or appropriate. (Usually carrying a revolving personal portfolio of executive donors and premier prospects.)
11. To oversee the development of creative and new means of raising funds to increase total income coordinated with ministry goals and opportunities as defined in their planning and overall Bible League International objectives.
12. To prepare the annual fund raising/Development budget, reflecting agreed upon planning parameters, needs and realities.
13. To speak at public gatherings when necessary and/or appropriate and promote opportunities for Bible League International senior and ministry staff to do likewise.
14. To perform all other duties relevant to Development and general management as they become necessary or as requested by the CEO or President.
1. Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and agree with BLI‘s Statement of Faith.
2. Commitment to a ministry of Scripture Placement.
3. Minimum of 7 years’ experience in all major areas of fund raising; including a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership capacity, with experience in the oversight of the fundraising function and staff
4. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (may be waived if person has extensive previous experience).
5. Must have well-developed "theology" of fund raising.
6. Must have proven written/verbal communication skills.
7. Must be a goal-orientated person.
8. Must be an effective leader and developer of staff.
9. Must be a capable of working harmoniously as part of a larger team.
10. Must be sensitive, and be aware of conditions affecting the constituency.
To apply or for more information, please contact Ron Infinger, Senior Consultant, at http://www.keystone-executive-search.com , then go to the Job Openings page for position announcement and application process.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- Modesto, California
- September 22
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Executive PastorLiving Way Community Church of LA
- Los Angeles, California
- September 13
Administrative AssistantShepherd's Staff Mission Facilitators, Inc.
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- September 13
Executive DirectorVictory Ministries of Alaska
- Sutton, Alaska
- September 8
Bethany Christian Services
Bethany Christian Services is a global nonprofit organization caring for orphans and vulnerable children on five continents. Bethany is recognized as a prominent leader in social services worldwide, and we are the largest adoption agency in the U.S. Founded in 1944, our mission calls us to demonstrate the love and compassion of Jesus Christ by protecting and enhancing the lives of children and families around the world.More...