School-based Counselors – High School [Full-time]
– Cheltenham School District - Middle School [Full-time]
- Provide individual and/or group counseling to secondary education students, who are experiencing some form of school maladjustment, e.g. emotional difficulties, behavioral problems, poor attendance, disruptive behavior, etc.
- Provide individual and/or group counseling to special education students, primarily emotional support, as per their Individualized Education Programs (IEP).
- Work cooperatively with building Administrators, Guidance Counselors, Teachers and Supervisors to meet the therapeutic and emotional support needs of students.
- Actively participate in the IEP process as needed.
- Consult with parents regarding the emotional and behavioral support needs of their child.
- Master’s Degree required as a mental health professional.
- Licensure as a mental health service provider, e.g. Social Work (LSW or LCSW), Counselor (LPC) preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of special education needs, issues and procedures (Lakeside will provide ongoing training).
Please submit resume via email or fax 215-654-9523 for consideration. No phone calls please. Local Applicants only. EOE