Main functions: Director of Communications will guide and implement the strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate the mission, vision and values of the Anglican Mission. Director of Communications will ensure that the Mission is viewed as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information within the Mission and its constituent base. The Director of Communications will work closely with members of the Apostolic Vicar’s Office as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
Reports to: Executive Director/Rector General
Experience: Director-level positions require a candidate to have at least five years of progressively gaining responsibilities in a leadership role within a complex (number and variety of constituents) nonprofit entity. The candidate must have the ability to take knowledge and transform it into engaging and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels. Skills include:
- Functioning as part of a senior leadership team.
- Managing a team.
- Developing and implementing communications strategies across multiple media platforms including website content, newsletters, social media and video.
- Establishing and maintaining key relationships.
- Relating to the press.
- Managing a budget.
Education: Candidates should have a bachelor's degree in a related field--communications, English, journalism, marketing. Additional years of related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the communications plan for all the Mission’saudiences in collaboration with the Office of the Apostolic Vicar and constituents.
- Lead a team including staff, consultants and vendors; i.e. writers, designers, photographers, video, web developers, printers.
- Generate online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action.
- Determine communication channels — decide who, where, and when to disseminate
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, website and social media.
- Coordinate webpage administration and maintenance–ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly.
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the Mission over time.
- Oversee the marketing and promotional materials of the annual Winter Conference and other events.
- Manage all media contacts.
- Participate in on-call response services under special circumstances.
- Propose and manage the annual budget for the Department of Communications.
- Performs any other duties related to the position as directed by the Executive Director.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and ability to “manage by influence”
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, bishops, volunteers, donors, clergy, and other supporters
- Expertise and experience handling sensitive and confidential issues.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Familiarity with religious and national media.
- Knowledge of web page and social-media trends.
- Knowledge of photo-editing and document-design programs.
Employment Requirements: Full-time/Part-time salaried exempt employee
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Video ProducerChurch Initiative
- Wake Forest, North Carolina
- September 23
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Morning Star Church - Video ProductionVanderbloemen Search Group
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- September 6
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
The Anglican Mission in the Americas
The Anglican Mission in the Americas, a Society of Mission and Apostolic Works, is a religious organization dedicated to the support of Christian mission, such as evangelism and church planting. The Mission focuses on raising, releasing and supporting leaders and communities of faith to reach the lost for Jesus Christ in North America. More...